Thursday, September 1, 2011

I ate a blue potato!

.....and i liked it!. in fact, its just the same as eating a normal potato once you get over the fact that its blue!. not only did i eat it, i also grew it!!.
So, this week i have been on holiday. I've had a major clean of my bedroom, packing some stuff up that isnt used and making space for some creativity, since i joined Shimelles, 'Learn something new every day'. I've been up to the allotment once, and saw the 3rd bloke i wanted to see about taking some of my stuff. There have really only been 3 men i've talked to there and they are the ones i want to have first pickings, so i'm pleased now all 3 know i'm going and seem keen at accept anything on offer. I shall go back tomorrow and do a few wind chores like empty pots. The guy i saw on tuesday offered me some of his runners, so i hope i can grab some tomorrow, then i might put a bag full in the freezer for the winter. this little pile is what i've grown this year...theres more on the vines.
This month, as i mentioned, i'm doing Shimelles online class called 'Learn something new every day'. All i've done so far is make a space to work at, paint some chipboard, and cut the covers to size!. I was thinking of just doing it on my blog, but it wont be as much fun!. i wonder how long i can keep up with it!. It might be a case of making notes during the week, and doing the pages at the weekend!.

3 comments:

Amanda Lightfoot said...

You are giving up your allotment? Sorry I know I'm behind! M xox

ally said...

loving the blue potatoes rach.
to answer your question about calender pages, have a look at this blog http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/2011/09/calendar-time.html
I started in january, its about the only thing i have ever completed.

ally said...

loving the blue potatoes rach.
to answer your question about calender pages, have a look at this blog http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/2011/09/calendar-time.html
I started in january, its about the only thing i have ever completed.